We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. We will never sell or pass on your personal data to another company or organisation. Please read the following carefully to understand how we use your personal information.
WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY.
WHO WE ARE.
Our website address is: https://roostcreative.studio.
We”, “our” or “us” means Roost Creative Limited (a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12013182) whose registered office is at 1 New Road, Clanfield, Waterlooville, Hampshire, England, PO8 0NS
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect relating to you, or that you provide to us in relation to us facilitating the provision of graphic design, film, animation, website design and photography services.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, AND WHY WE COLLECT IT.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when filling in forms on our site, including your name; company name; email address; phone number; and job title.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence as well as your contact information.
- Business contact information obtained at events or trade shows.
- Business contact information gathered from networking resources such as LinkedIn.
- If you are a supplier we will collect and use any bank account details you provide us for payment purposes.
- Our website uses specialist security software – Shield Security. This helps to ensure data breaches do not occur and our website and that data is protected against hacking attempts and intrusion.Shield Security protects site visitors and works to block potential hacks while monitoring web traffic and filesystem changes. To learn more about Shield Security, please follow this link.
- The Shield Security plugin never stores any sensitive, personally identifiable information in any cookie at any time.
- In the case that the Shield Security plugin needs to redirect a visitor or any request, it may use a cookie to prevent repeated/infinite redirect loops.
- For registered/logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin uses a cookie to track user sessions and control display of certain in-plugin admin notices.
Data Storage: User Sessions
For logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin stores information on the username, the IP address and the time of last login and last activity.
This information is purged upon logout or data cleanup.
Data Storage: Audit Trail
The Shield Security plugin has an Audit Trail feature that will log the following information:
- Audit Trail message that may include email addresses
- Logged-in username (where applicable)
- Originating IP address of the request
For logged-in users this represents information that may be used to locate (by IP address) and identify individuals and their activity on the site.
This information is stored for security purposes by the site administrator.
This data will be retained and then automatically purged from the database after a fixed time period, as determined by the site administrator. (Currently this is set to 14 days.)
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We will use any personal information you provide as follows:
- corresponding with you;
- offering our services;
- entering into contract negotiations;
- the performance of any contract with you;
- processing orders;
- administering invoices to clients;
- recovering monies;
- making payments to suppliers;
- preparing accounts and records; and
- informing individuals of news, events or activities.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out above.
We will store information you provide when filling in contact forms on our site, including your name; company name; email address; phone number; and job title, for the purpose of contacting you in relation to your enquiry. We do not use the information submitted through contact forms for marketing purposes.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES.
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE.
We store your personal information in the United Kingdom or in countries within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where our third party service providers who we share personal information with (as set out above) are based outside the EEA, have support services located outside the EEA or host personal information outside the EEA.
We only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where we have a legal ground for doing so and where we ensure that your personal information is protected to the same standard as it would be protected in the UK. We do this by entering into data sharing agreements with the recipients of your personal information based outside the EEA which comply with the EU Commission’s standard clauses for the transfer of personal information, or where the third party is based in the US and is part of the US Privacy Shield.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.